Hello, hello my lovely readers! Today I have a special post for you! A link up, to be more specific. Phoebe of Lou Messugo has given me the reins for the August All About France link up and I’m hosting for her while she’s on vacation. I’m so glad you’re here. Link up below with a France-related post of your own or discover some new France-focused bloggers to add to your reading list!
All About France #19 (link up)
Happy summer! I can’t believe it’s August already and that Phoebe has hosted 18 of these fabulous linkys already. I sound like my grandma, but time really does fly. Anyway, I hope you’re all taking a week or 4 off this summer to unwind and spend time with those who mean the most to you.
Tom and I went on vacation early to visit family in the USA (even my own culture had a few surprises) and then on a fabulous river cruise to Normandy. The rest of the summer will be spent just hanging around our neck of the woods. Luckily we only had two days of super hot weather and the rest of the season has been mild with temps in the 70s. Knocking on wood…
To wrap up last month’s All About France link up, Phoebe sent over a few links that she wanted to highlight, so in case you missed them, be sure to click over to:
- The Simple Life from Lost in Lyon: Emily writes about the way the British and French see home decor and tells us about her quest to live more simply, with less stuff, in her new house.
- Secret Blois #1 from Aussie in France: Here we’re taken to the city of Blois in the Loir-et-Cher region of France and get a walking tour of the city including statues, the castle and even where to get ice cream.
- Diner en Blanc from The Smalls Abroad: Lillian and her husband just moved to Scotland, but back in June she had a very special night out with friends in Paris at the Diner en Blanc… where you guessed it, everyone comes dressed in white!
- On Running and French driver’s licenses from Bonjour Adventure: As a foreigner, you have a year to convert your American license into a French one (if there’s a reciprocity agreement with your state) and Tammy tells us about her experience where she was literally running to her appointment before the deadline.
So first, some background on the link up:
The All About France blog linkup was created in February 2015 by Phoebe and has been going strong ever since. It kicks off on the first Thursday of every month and features posts that in some way relate to France, French culture, the French language, etc. You don’t have to live in France to link up!
The whole concept is that participants and readers alike will have fun clicking around to discover new and interesting blogs while learning about France at the same time. It’s a win-win for everyone.
Topics you’ll read about in the All About France link up can include:
- Travel in France – recent holidays, dream trips, remembering past visits, travel tips
- Living in France as a foreigner- challenges, best things about it, advice
- French people living abroad – your experiences of your host country & difference/similarities with France
- Learning French – tips, problems, anecdotes, teaching methods
- French food – recipes, anecdotes, cooking, restaurants
- French culture – things you love about French culture, quirks, the similarities or differences you have found with your home culture
- Raising children in France or French children being brought up elsewhere
- Poetry and Prose – please feel free to share a poem or short story about France
- Anything else you can think of that in some way relates to France or French
If you’re linking up, please follow the rules:
First and foremost, this is a linky, so please share the love!
Read, comment on and share fellow bloggers’ links, at least two but ideally as many as possible. Please share this post as well. I can’t say that enough! It’s only fun if you link up and show support for your fellow bloggers. Don’t just link-dump (persistent offenders will be removed). That means if you leave your link and disappear without commenting or sharing others’ posts, your post will be deleted. Remember to come back a few times over the coming days to check out posts added after you linked up. And if you’re not a blogger and have stopped by to read the posts, thank you! Would you mind sharing and commenting as well?
Keep in mind that old and new posts are welcome. Please only post 2 links max. Save the rest for future months!
Don’t forget to add the All About France badge to the side bar of your blog and/or the post itself and a link back to this page please. This helps to promote everyone’s hard work. The badge is mandatory and posts without it will be removed.
Use the hashtag #AllAboutFrance when sharing on social media. I will retweet tweets with the hashtag or if you mention me (@OuiInFrance). The link up will be open for a week and the next one will be Thursday, Sept. 1.
So without further ado, link up below and grab the code for your blog/post below.
First, to add your blog so it appears with the others below:
Just click the little blue button with white text below that says “Add your link” and follow the instructions on the page it generates. If none of this is clear, please contact me.
Then, grab the square #AllAboutFrance badget below. Either right-click and save the image to put in your post or just grab the code.
(Email me please if anything isn’t working right. I tried to work out all the tech glitches and we should be good, but hey, you never know.)
Thank you for being here and joining in the All About France fun. A big thanks goes out to Phoebe for giving me the opportunity to host. Thank you for all that you do. Wishing Phoebe a relaxing vacation!