A dog’s perspective: Dagny takes over the blog

Written by Diane on. Posted in on Dagny the dog, on life in France

cavalier-king-charles-{ love }

Hi guys, Dagny here. If you don’t know me, I’m that lovable, furry black thing that you sometimes see here on the blog, aka the dog. My mom went out for a bit, so I figured I’d open up that laptop thing that she stares at all day long and see if she keeps my treats in there. But first, I know my mom did a photo post a while back on where we live if you want to see her pics, but I never see any of those things down at my level. You see, I’m little and the world looks very different when you’re down low like I am. I’ll show you the real deal.

Let me take you on my own photo tour of where we live, which I’m told is this place called France. It’s pretty great…

Let’s go!

My dad, Tom, has this thing called an iBone that I think makes calls and stuff, but when he wasn’t looking, I used it to snap these shots below from my perspective so you can see what this France place is really like.

Charming-French-bakery

When people come to visit, they always seem so interested in where we live. France must be the place where all the dogs want to visit. I admit, it does smell really good! There are these places that sell funny looking long things that taste great — I think mom calls them waguettes, or is it baguettes — and all kinds of other things like cookies and pastries and sandwiches. The best is when a little kid drops half of his croissant for me to snack on. The above snapshot is a stop on  my snacktime walk, the local boulangerie. Sometimes we stop at the post office or the bank but I know these walks are specifically for my “snack runs” despite what mom says about running important errands. She knows I like my daily bakery tour and cleaning up the sidewalks. Mom thinks I love to walk but I really like sniffing out my snacks all over town!

dagny-selfie

This is my extended backyard which is just down the street. My park is pretty special and I let other dogs come walk with their moms and dads and I even let joggers and walkers come to exercise. It’s good for their health. They don’t know it’s my park but it is. Here’s my selfie with some of the park’s grass as the backdrop. Niiiiiiice.

view-from-car

We take the car all kinds of fun places and I have the best seat ever. I’m a quiet observer and don’t bark at dogs or people. I just enjoy the ride…

chickens-at-french-marche

On Saturday mornings, we go to the marche in town so I can sniff out the fresh produce. Lately we’ve been going really early before all the good stuff hits the ground — like fruit rinds and little bits of food that have fallen out of people’s bags. How can I get Mom to go a little later? I don’t mind the crowds! But I do mind these squawky things in cages we buy eggs from. They make weird noises. I put my paws up on the table to get a better look at them. Maybe I should buy one for the backyard? They’d be fun to chase.

Dagny-big-bone

I THINK I FOUND A DINOSAUR!! Yum, that bone smells really good. Took me five minutes to pull Dad over here so I could get a pic for you guys. Too bad I couldn’t pick this bone up. I could have buried it in my backyard for later.

red-fire-hydrant

See that? There used to be some dog poop there next to the fire hydrant but Mom picked it up. She likes keeping the neighborhood clean even though other dog owners don’t really care. She doesn’t get paid to do that, though. I hear she’s American or something so maybe America has really nice, clean sidewalks!

bushes-in-park

The bushes here smell really good. Mom thinks I just like bushes and have super sonic smelling abilities (which I do), but I’ll let you in on a little secret. Other dogs pee on these bushes and I like knowing who’s been in my neighborhood. See this fine specimen here? My friend Oscar was here 20 minutes ago. He’s cool.

dagny-smiling

So you see, I focus on what’s down on the ground because that’s where all the good smells are. Here I am smiling because we’ve had really nice weather lately and I just found a potato chip someone left for me on the ground. Told you France is a great place! Maybe I’ll be back on this blog thing again soon. Thanks for reading my mom’s blog. I know she is really thankful for all of her readers!

xoxoxox,
Dagny

nose-to-tail pet insurance coverage with Embrace

• Mike

so cute!

Hi Mike, you live in Germany right? I think that’s near this France place. I am happy that you read my post. Maybe you can come visit and I’ll show you where all the fun things are. Can you bring me some treats!

Luv,
      Dagny

Thanks, Dagny for your unique view!

You’re welcome! Say hi to Kira for me. My mom told me she’s a chihuahua. 😉

Luv,
      Dagny

• Jackie

I never knew that dogs in France were so similar to me ! I have a park and find snacks on my walks. My mom always picks up my poop too. And pee mail is the greatest ! Here come’s my mom, I’d better sign off now. Au revoir. Raven
    PS I’m a Siberian husky.

Hi Raven!! I’ve never met any huskies here so I’d like to be your friend. You have a good mom. And what is this pee mail you speak of?? xoxox, dagny

• Jojo

Sounds like your parents are super cool! Can’t wait to hang out!

Yeah, can’t wait to meet you Jojo!! Hide some treats in your yard for me!
      Luv, Dagny

• Jackie

Bonjour Dagny ! Pee mail is what I call sniffing where other dogs have marked. I can find out a lot of stuff like if my friend was around recently. I have a little corgi friend that thinks she’s queen and I always can tell when she leaves her mark. It’s a royal scent. I know if my neighborhood dogs are having a good day or a bad day just by sniffing their pee mail. It the unfamiliar pee mail that I can’t sniff enough of and of course I have to leave my pee mail too.♥Raven
    PS My mom said she saw 4 huskies in Paris two weeks ago.

Ohhh, got it! Thanks for explaining. There might be a few husky mixes in my town. I will keep an eye out although I like looking at the ground for food — my mom says I miss everything!
      Luv,
      Dagny

• Stella Lee (@Purfylle)

Hey Dagny, Nice to see you on the blog. I wish I had some great tips for how to convince your mom to go to the market later. Humans just don’t seem to understand all the smells their missing out on. from Freki & Geri
    Stella Lee (@Purfylle) recently posted…Playing Ball – Adoption Contract Clause 2.0My Profile

Hi Freki & Geri, thank you for reading my post. I try to be a good girl but maybe if I convince Mom that I have to use the bathroom by scratching at the door she’ll take me. I just have to watch the clock. My mission today is to find a bone that Mom took from my yesterday. She threw it behind a bush and thinks I don’t remember but I do, and when she’s not looking, I’m going to GO FOR IT!
      Happy walks!
      Dagny

• Dean of Little Steps

Hi Dagny, great to meet you! We love France although we haven’t taken our dog Doc to visit yet. I’m sure he’ll love it too 🙂 #AnimalTales

Thanks for reading my post! Where do you live? Any good smells??

• Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault

Hi Dagny and thank you so much for writing this post for the blog and linking it to #AnimalTales. I think I’ll have to ask Harry and Saari to write a blog post too. They too like a bit of food hoovering although in the case of Saari this morning it was the tin of cat food I left in the feed shed and she somehow got the door open … or I left it open. Who knows but it kept her busy trying to get the meat our before I realised what she was up to!
    Rosie @Eco-Gites of Lenault recently posted…A Sunny March SundayMy Profile

Thanks for checking out my post, Rosie! I had so much fun writing it and would love to hear about Haary and Saari’s day! Cat food sounds great, how can I find some of that??

• kidGLloves

Ash the Dog says – It’s always good to meet new doggies, Dagny and when they say it’s a Dog’s Life, I think they had you in mind. What a fab life you lead. Sending you Paw-5’s, love Ash xx #animaltales
    kidGLloves recently posted…My Captured Moment #10My Profile

Thanks Ash, nice to meet you too!

• Debbie

Hi Dagny, thank you for sharing your world with us. How you don’t end up licking your way through the glass at the boulangerie. I probably wouldn’t be able to help myself!

And I have to admit that dinosaur bone does look mighty tasty, shame you couldn’t carry it home. Oh well, maybe next time you’ll find a tasty bone from a smaller dinosaur!

#AnimalTales
    Debbie recently posted…One Very Naughty Dog…My Profile

Thank you for stopping by, Debbie. I think my dad is going to take me on a walk today to find more dinosaur bones. I found one the other day but Mom took it away from me, something about it being dangerous. I’ll be on the lookout!

Thank you! I love using Mom’s iBone for the selfies and I even use a selfie stick when she’s not looking. Thank you for reading my post!